Recent Posts
Monday, September 27, 2010
U.S. Wants to Make it Easier to Wiretap the Internet
Posted by
z_man
This morning I was reading an article in the Times telling us why we should support the government, allowing them a back door to the internet to eavesdrop on private citizens at their whim. Even if I trusted the government, I would do everything I could to discourage this kind of policy. As it is, it's almost impossible to believe what i read in newspapers without considering political and corporate minipulation. It's been the decentralized nature of the internet that has allowed information from inside China and Iran to find a public forum to post a different perspective of reality than their administration's agenda would allow. With the publishing of wikileaks, Americans for the first time are seeing what is going on in Afganistan — and the federal government has gone bullshit at having these facts surface. And how did we all hear about Haliburton defrauding the American public (in Iraq) for billions of dollars without any investigation? Was it because our vice-president was CEO of that company before he took office. Torture — we don't believe in it in the U.S., right? And do we know any congressman who hasn't taken political and/or corporate contributions with no strings attached. Personally, I think we should clean house—representatives shouldn't be on the take. How can congress look after our interests, when the thrust of their job is to simply be re-elected. The internet is the only non-political channel available, and I am personally reluctant after the Bush administration to trust that the government does anything in the people's interest. Especially in light of the TARP which financed Wall Street bonuses and a Healthcare bill that still permits wholesale rape by the healthcare sector and now demands that every citizen pay for health insurance or pay a fine — all increasing the insurance industry's market at public expense. Based on these policy changes, do you really think the fed is capable of honoring privacy? Fight this proposal for all you're worth, I plan to.
0 comments:
Post a Comment