Recent Posts
Saturday, November 6, 2010
Augmented Reality — Data Visualization
Posted by
z_man
In developing the ning network, it was clear that I needed to solicit feedback and opinion as to the validity of the AR concept. I figured some people would think all this technology extremely cool, and some, weird. My poll question which, which didn't actually yield much data, was involved with: is this a good thing or bad? — or a trade-off? Gee, most people thought it was a trade-off — a surprise:)
Ultimately, I asked guests on my forum what kind of AR application would rock their world? From those responses I was able to look at the enabling technologies that would need to be in place for them to become realities. This was somewhat revealing in terms of technologies, industries and markets that might be affected over the next decade or so. After listing out and organizing the common technologies, and which were needed for each of my requested applications, one could see which areas of the tech environmental are already mature and which are just emerging — and which technologies are so prevalent that they will eventually become part of the network infrastructure.

0 comments:
Post a Comment